The theme of this class is: IDENTITY - BUILDING A STRONG SENSE OF SELF
This class will be a place where you can:
- Be safe and accepted. Including all women, women of colour, female-identifying, non binary and trans women.
- Express yourself creatively to suggested emotive themes.
- Feel comfortable with whatever level of artistic ability you have. Beginners, experts and in-betweeners welcomed!
- Receive validation, praise and positive judgement for your work
- Have the chance to express your emotions artistically in in a light-hearted environment
- Gain the opportunity to socialise with other creative like-minded women.
All materials will be provided, although you are welcome and encouraged to bring your own and experiment.
A fifteen minute break will be provided half-way through the class.
We also have a calm area away from the main class where those who have social anxiety can work in a quieter environment.
Delicious baked vegan goods will be for sale with all proceeds going towards our cause.
There is a limited number of tickets and they sell out VERY quickly.
There will be a small booking charge of £3 per ticket which will be put back into the Sisterhood classes as a donation.
This is a peer-led group developed and facilitated by volunteers with an interest in creativity and mental health to meet a need in the community. We are not trained therapists so cannot offer professional psychological support at the class, however, we are advised and supported by an accredited psychotherapist. Our team will of course be on hand for peer-support throughout the class.
These classes are a social event in a light-hearted environment, so we do provide an alcohol-stocked bar at most classes, therefore, this may not be suited to people who wish to be in a serious, professional theraputic setting.
DIY Space for London provides genderless toilets, disabled access and a bar for refreshments.
STRICTLY Women & Female Identifying persons only
Nearest Station: Queens Road Peckham
(It can be a little tricky to find for some, so do make note of these if you've not been to DSFL before)